About Us

Trinity Lutheran Church was established on September 27, 1885 and was located on the corner of State and Division Streets. In 1908 a new church was built at the present site on North State and West Main Streets and was dedicated on November 8, 1908. In 1998 a new narthex addition was added to the south of the building along with a larger parking lot. Because of the need for Christian education Trinity Lutheran School was built at the intersection of Grand avenue, Fourth and Liberty Streets. The school had three class rooms and was dedicated in January 1903. The school was destroyed by fire on February 15, 1925. The members immediately decided to build a new school building. The new school was built on West Main Street and dedicated on January 10, 1926. In 1959 a new addition was added to the west side of the school to meet the growing needs of classrooms and technology. For all the blessings received, “Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works! Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice! Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually! Remember the wondrous works that he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he uttered.” 

Psalm 105:1-5